Saturday, June 03, 2006

Called for workplace ministry

Becoming a successful entrepreneur has been one of my heart’s desires ever since my youth. I even started pursuing that desire from about age 18. Back then I was a part-time freelance manicurist and delivered my services to a niche market: the wives of wealthy businessmen originating from foreign countries.

Later in life I set-out to be a fulltime business owner and achieved that objective. I owned an Insurance agency for about 5 years. The business developed well during 4 years, but things rapidly went downhill in the 5th year due to a combination of circumstances – hurricane Louis was among them. Ironically it was also the year I had re-committed my life to the Lord.

1995 was a trying year for me on various levels, but I’m pleased to report that I saw God move in a mighty way whilst saving my business on several occasions – each one at “a nick of time”. In hindsight, I realize that it was a spiritual battle. Little did I know then that it was designed to prevent me from fulfilling part of my destiny: entrepreneurial workplace ministry.

Since the beginning of 2006 I’ve been getting one confirmation after the next that I should pursue this ministry. My preceding post (on May 28th '06) offers an illustration of this, and today I’m impressed to share the following revelation for the benefit of those who are to join this new and powerful global move of God. I for one recognized it as yet another confirmation that I should continue to pursue my heart’s desire for it is He who gave it to me.

Scripture Passage: “…saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive (contain) it.” (Mal 3:10)

Revelation: - God's actions always have purposes. Why would He pour out a blessing to someone fully conscious of the fact that he or she won’t have room enough to receive (contain) it? The answer is simple: there won’t be room enough to receive (contain) it, because it was not meant to be stored (contained). Remember: God also instructs us not to lay up our riches.

The blessing is not meant to be stored (contained), because it’s intended to be distributed among His lords here on earth to accomplish His will and purpose(s) i.e: the advancement of His Kingdom here on earth for we (the Believers) are His Kingdom here on earth. Remember the prayer: "....thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven...".

God is our Source (for everything) and that which He blesses us with (such as the fruit of our labor in the market place) are part of the resources needed to accomplish His will. Hence, this revelation warrants a higher level of "good stewardship" of that which He blesses us with...especially the blessings that come in a measure of "(great) overflow".

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM AST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sophia,

My name is Julius Koonce and I also have a passion for winning souls in the Work Place. This is truly an exciting time in my life. There is so much to tell! I also knew that God had something for me to do but I did not know how He was going to do it! I am glad He did not allow me to know before I was ready to take on this assignment. Speaking of assignment, God gave me this word on assignment and opportunity. He said, He does not give His people opportunities but an assignment. The difference is an opportunity you have to compete for it but an assignment is just giving to you. We only get opportunities because we have not yet discover or prepare for our assignment therefore someone who knows their assignment can offer those who do not know their assignment an opportunity that will get them closer to their assignment. I hope you were able to follow that.

Several years ago, I was very frustrated in ministry because I thought God wanted me to become a Pastor. I would watch my other brothers who some I mentor, were giving the opportunity to become Pastor. I felt like just do my own thing but I also knew that was not God's plan for me I have also been faithful to my local ministry. I have no doubt one of the greatest Pastors that ever walked the face of this earth. He is no doubt called of God. He is an Apostle, a visionary and a good friend. In spite of our relationship, some how he did not give me the opportunity to become a Pastor because he is a praying man and he knows what is best for he sheep. He never let my frustrated and my desire for minister get in his way for hearing from God for my life. I have been at my church for over 21 years hoping that I would get the chance to minister, teach and also to become a Pastor until about 5 years ago my Pastor set me free when he said to the congregation that your business is your ministry! I was set free! All this time, I thought I had to minister from the pulpit while in the meantime, God was creating me a platform. Recently my Pastor has appointed me to help lead the Work Place Ministry in our church. Now I know why I was not release to do anything else because this is God's purpose for my life. It is such a fit for me because I love to teach and I love the work place.

For over 16 years, I have been operating my own computer company! I was doing ministry and didn't even know it! These 16 years of business and 21 years as a minister/elder in my church has no doubt prepared me for such a time as this. Currently, I am in the process of preparing a booklet on "Converting Church Members to Become Work Place Ministers". I will send you a copy when I am done with it if you would like to receive a copy.

Yes you are right; the Work Place is no doubt the "Hidden Treasure for Soul Winning". For those like us that have been called to this area must realized that the "harvest is plenteous but the labor are few". My prayers are with you as you go forth in the things of God.

God Bless and Be Encouraged!

Julius Koonce/NC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home