Monday, May 29, 2006

Trade Worry for Worship

I enjoy looking at Joyce Meyer's tv-programs. I learn a lot from them, and am also reminded (thru programs I already saw) of practical applications for daily Christian living.

A few weeks ago Joyce suggested the audience to "Trade Worry for Worship". It served as a timely reminder for me since I'd been worrying a bit about accommodation I wanted to arrange for relatives I was expecting from abroad. Considering the limited space at my apartment (among other things), I desired to arrange hotel accommodations for them. My Lord knows my heart, and knew the other reasons I had for wanting to do so. The problem was that I didn't have the spare cash to handle this expense.

I started shopping around about 1 month prior to their arrival and didn't get anything I could really afford without going waaaaay to deep in my pocket. Whilst shopping around I remembered a comment I heard about a certain hotel. This lead me to check on the rates thru a friend that happens to work there.

About a week before their arrival, I decided to follow-up with her and was glad to know that she was working on it for me. I decided to wait patiently, but didn’t understand why she didn’t just give me the applicable rates. While waiting, I caught myself worrying on a few occassions, and immediately "traded my worry for worship" each time by thanking God for taking care of my cares for me.

She called me before the end of the week and was pleased to report that she was able to make reservations for a studio pending my approval. Naturally, I inquired about the cost and was shocked yet pleasantly surprised to learn that it would cost only USD 50,- (for the entire 5 days stay). It happens to be a timeshare resort facility and she arranged it as a courtesy to me (even though I'm not a timeshare owner). Needless to say: I wholeheartedly praised God for this wonderful Blessing! HE took care of things above and beyond my expectations! Brethren it really pays to "trade worry for worship", and I encourage you to do so with EVERY care you have for the Lord is faithfull to careth for them AND you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home