Friday, May 26, 2006

Selective Hearing

The title of this article is the subject of what the Lord recently discussed with me.

A few weeks ago I experienced a day that was filled with evidence that the Lord had addressed a number of matters. As the day progressed, I knew that HE spoke to me about “Love” as well as other topics. At the end of the day, I was feeling confused, and was wondering what I was supposed to focus on. Hence, I approached HIM and asked: “what’s the point, Lord?”

HE helped me to understand that I was actually “limiting” myself from hearing HIM properly due to a bad perception of how HE speaks. For whatever reason, I’d been under the impression that HE handles one thing at-the-time.

While in HIS Presence, I found myself thinking about conversations I have with other people, and realized that I can have a conversation with duration of for instance 10 minutes and talk about 15 different (and unrelated) things during that 10 minute conversation.

In reply to my question “what’s the point, Lord?”, HE revealed to me that I had been suffering of “selective hearing”. I’m sure glad HE delivered me from that, and by HIS grace I no longer suffer of that “syndrome”. Today I hear HIM accurately, and I'm no longer confused as to “what” HE’s talking about – Alleluia!

My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. - John 10:27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home